Family

Family

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

My daughter's wedding

My daughter married the man of her dreams, Bryan A Wolff, on Saturday, September 25 2010 at St Patrick's Church in Doylestown WI.  It was a beautiful, albeit cool, fall day and was perfect for a wedding.  The wedding was small, with only family and a very few close friends in attendance.  The entire wedding party was made up of family, including all three of my sons, 3 of my nieces, 1 of my cousins, my BIL, FIL & MIL, all of Bryan's brothers and his niece.  It made for a bigger wedding party, but it was important to them to include all their family in one way or another.

Rather than have traditional instrumental music played for the processional, they chose to have my BIL sing this beautiful song by Brandon Health on his acoustic guitar.  The words are based on the "love" verses from 1st Corinthians 13.  This was also on the front of their wedding program.



When they said their vows, I then sang "From this Moment" by Shania Twain.  It was a bit of a challenge as my asthma started acting up and I'd been to the Dr twice that week for both my asthma (got a new inhaler) and also a respiratory virus that was going around.  The only thing I was truly worried about was being able to sing the song without crying halfway through.  I was doing great until I looked at my Mom who was crying and that's when I lost it.  I missed a few of the words, but then closed my eyes, refocused my thoughts and when I opened my eyes, I looked at my husband and sang the words directly to him.  It worked and I was able to complete the song without anymore tears.

After the ceremony, the bride and groom left the church on their Massey tractor and traveled down the road to their house, switched out into their car and then met the photographer for some location shots at a park in the town between their house and where the reception was in Columbus.  The photographer is a good friend of mine and is very talented.  You can check out some of her photography here.  Michelle Martin Photography   She did an amazing job!  Bryan does NOT like posing at all, but she made him feel very comfortable and encouraged the two of them to just talk and interact with each other.  She was able to get a couple of face on shots that really captured his true smile and personality.  I've made this little collage of some of her sneak peeks that she edited for us.  Click the picture to "biggify".
If you'd like to see more of her "sneak peek" photos the link is here. Therese & Bryan Wedding

They had a wonderful reception at the Cardinal Bowl & Ale House in Columbus with lots of fun music & karoke.  They have a friend/neighbor who has a karoke business and offered to do the music for the reception as his wedding gift to them, their good friend Mari made the wedding cake which was both delicious and pretty, my BIL again sang at the reception for their first dance which was to "their" song "Amazed".   We were able to visit with several of Dave's (my hubby) aunts and uncles that we hadn't seen in quite a while and all in all, it was a wonderful and beautiful day.  I still can't believe my baby girl has her own baby girl, let alone is now married!

Well, though it's been ages since I've posted on my blog, I certainly have made up for it today, LOL!  I'm hoping to ease back into posting over the next weeks.

No comments: