Family

Family

Monday, June 22, 2009

Changes in our Home!

The last few months have brought some changes in our home. In late April we found out that we were going to be Grandparents! How can I be old enough to be a Grandmother? Ironically, I'm the same age MY Mom was when I had Therese AND she is due one day before I was due with her.

On June 7, Therese graduated from high school and we met her boyfriend Brian's parents. Bruce and Paulette are wonderful people and we really enjoyed getting to know them. We look forward to spending more time with them as we will be sharing a new Grandbaby. Here are 3 pictures from Graduation. The first is of Therese, Brian and his parent, the next is of Therese & Brian with their hands cradling their baby in her belly and the last is of myself, Therese and Dad.

So we got Graduation all done and now my Baby Girl has officially become engaged AND moved out of the house. Yup, Brian officially proposed to her on Friday evening. He even managed to surprise her. They had bought a new bed and Brian had one of Therese's close friends go with him to pick out a new comforter set for it. Turns out, he picked out the exact one she wanted. He surprised her with the new bedding Friday night, along with candles and a rose. He got down on one knee and told her he loved her and asked if she would marry him. Of course, she said yes! Brian is an amazing young man, and these two have already been to heck and back over the last three years. I look forward to having him for a son in law.

Well, I guess that's all for now. It's almost time for my boys to head to bed, then I'm going to do just maybe 30 minutes of stitching and then it's bed for me. 4:30AM comes extremely early and I have to run tomorrow.









4 comments:

Rene la Frog said...

Congrats to the young couple and I wish them all the best.

Meari said...

Congrats on Therese's graduation, and to you for becoming a grandma soon. How exciting!

Anne Sans Tete said...

congrats to you, your daughter, and her boyfriend!

Gastenator said...

So many exciting changes happening at once! Congrats, again! :)