Family

Family

Friday, June 19, 2009

My First Blog Post!

Well here it is. My first blog post. This is something I've always wanted to do, but never been quite sure where to start. A lot of the ladies on the cross-stitch group I belong to use their blogs as a way to chronicle their WIP (work in progress) for their cross-stitch. So I decided I'd combine the two.

I have come back to cross-stitch after a long time away and I have also started taking care of my body and trying to become fit in earnest. This week I started the Couch 25K program. Today I completed the second day of running and I feel good. At this time last year I weighed 240 and on Monday when I weighed in I was at 225 or so. I need to get a digital scale instead of my old timey one. :)

I am also tracking my calories at sparkpeople and that has been a real eye opener. You tell them what your starting weight is and your goal weight and it puts together all your calorie needs and exercise needs for you. My goal is to be at 180 by December of this year and in order to do that I need to do 30 minutes of Cardio 3 times a week and keep my calories between 1200-1550 per day. It's actually quite easy to do if I fill up on lots of veggies. Cabbage is my friend!

I have also been stitching on my Lavendar & Lace "Angel of Grace". I've got quite a bit more done on her than the last time I took a picture, so it's time to do that. I'll work on that this evening.

So, it's time for me to go get my shower then get my boys up for summer school. This was fun, hopefully I can stick to it!

4 comments:

crossstitchbibs said...

Hi Carissa! Congrats on starting a blog and a big congrats on the weight loss! I really need to start exercising but I just can't get enthused about it. I have gained about 20 extra lbs. in the last couple of years that I really need to lose.

htimcj said...

Welcome to the world of blogging. Well done on the weight loss! I can't wait to see some of your cross stitch pictures.
Heidi-ICLS

Nancy M said...

Welcome to blogging. I have used Sparkpeople also and it's a great site!!! Good luck with meeting your goal.

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of blogging