Family

Family

Monday, June 29, 2009

The start of a new week

Monday, the start of a new week. Today I started the 2nd week of the Couch25K running program, even though I've been running now for 3 weeks. Devan went with me again this morning and did great! He did take a little tumble at the end of our run. We were on our last running interval, and he was trying to get a mosquito out of his ear, when he tripped over a little lip of concrete. Fortunately, all he got was some skinned up knees, although the right one got it pretty good. He picked himself up though without complaining and we finished the last 5 minutes of walking. I'm so proud of him! Tomorrow we both weigh in and we'll see how we've done this last week. I did make sure to tell him not to get discouraged if he doesn't see any results on the scale yet, as it's only been a week. I reminded him that we're both doing something NOW, that we couldn't do BEFORE, and that's really good. :)


Here you see a picture of my lovely dinner tonight. I cut up a small zucchinic, a medium size yellow summer squash, a pint of button mushrooms, added in a small fresh red onion (from farmer's market), added 3 cups of shredded coleslaw mix (who wants to take the time to shred cabbage??) and about a half cup of sugar snap peas. I stir fried all of this in a scant tablespoon of olive oil and then added a couple of tablespoons of stir fry sauce. It was absolutely delicious! AND FILLING! I thought I'd be able to eat the plate full, but no way! I'm saving the rest to take to work tomorrow. The only thing that would have made it better would have been either some chicken or turkey breast diced up and maybe some water chestnuts...MMMMM....


Well, it's time to clean up the dinner dishes, I'm getting Todd to bed early tonight as he seems to be really tired and then I'm going to TRY to get some stitching. I'm pretty tired myself, so we'll have to see how that works.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Meari said...

That dinner sounds like something I'd make! Yummy.

deborahinwi said...

I am enjoying your blog, and I absolutely LOVE Diana Gabaldon!
A fellow Wisconsin-ite